This is the method I use labels that may get dirty.
- Label designs (print or hand draw)
- Packing Tape (buy some thicker than your label)
- Mod Podge
- Shaped Hole Punch (optional)
- Paint Brush (optional)
- Print (or draw) your labels and cut into strips. If you want a printed background make sure you give yourself enough colored area. You can cut the strips pretty close.
- Separate cut strips on a clean surface. Grab your packing tape – make sure it is wide enough to cover your label area. Cover each strip with the tape. Quick tip: leave a piece of paper under the end so you can grab it next time!
- Using a hole punch, turn it over and open the back. (You can use scissors instead of a punch.) Align your label in the window and punch it out.
- Make sure your surface for labeling is clean. Apply some Mod Podge to the back of each label and press onto the surface. Use any brush you like or even your finger!
- Wipe any excess glue off with a damp cloth. Let dry and you are all done.
Like it? Share, Tweet, Pin! I’d love hear all about it if you try this so please come back and share.
Stay tuned for the complete how-to on those spice jars, too.
Stay Crafty my friends!